A part of bold living is asking for what you want. Watch my video to see how easy it can be!
“The world is full of genies waiting to grant your wishes.” — Percy Ross
Many people are afraid to ask others for what they want. So they go without. Know this need not be! I ask my clients to practice asking for what they want for three weeks straight. By the end of their weeks, their fear drops significantly.
What do you want? Who can you ask? The following are a few examples of what I've asked for lately.
1. I asked hubs if he would be willing to split a dinner in a restaurant last Saturday. The serving sizes are too big for one person. His reply was, "No." Just because you ask doesn't mean you'll always get a yes. Don't take it personally.
2. I asked my friend Angela to help me with some Facebook issues. She said, "anytime."
3. I asked my daughter for some new running shoes. She gave me several pair. She sells athletic shoes, I wear the sample size.
4. I asked a client to deposit money in my Paypal account prior to receiving my services. She did. You might think that's a no brainer, it's not. Several of my friends don't feel worthy of being paid on time.
5. I purchased an article of clothing and decided not to keep it. I asked for a refund in spite of not having a receipt, and I got it.
What can you ask for today? Just ask!
Share your thoughts below.
Please join The Bold Life for free and receive my free ebook, How to Be Bold. Please share this post with a Tweet and a Like.
No related posts.