At times we worry more about looking good than feeling good. People who feel good radiate a loving energy. They almost seem to glow. Good things happen for them. They seem to live effortlessly in the now.
Others are attracted to them for reasons they don't understand.
The following exercises will help raise your energy, you too can glow.
1. Speak kindly. Go out of your way to have kind conversations; with a bank teller, a restaurant server, a friend or loved one. Learn to be pleasant through out the day requardless of what's happening around you.
2. Get going. Do something today you’ve been putting off, make a phone call or a doctor’s appointment. Clean your office, go paperless or begin to recycle. Refuse to procrastinate.
3. Take a break from electronics. Get out of your home or office and away from your computer, iPod, television etc. Spend time in nature or sit in silence in your back yard for a few hours regularly.
4. Move on. Let go of a toxic memory, relationship or job. Refuse to feel sorry for yourself. Like Byron Katie suggests, drop the story you are telling yourself about a person or situation.
5. Get a fresh start. Learn something new. Take a class or a workshop. Attend a conference or a take a retreat. Make your life more interesting. Choose to grow.
6. Set limits. Learn to say no. You don’t need an excuse. Use the line, “No, that’s not going to work for me.” Then pause. Repeat it again if necessary.
7. Spread more joy. Lao Tzu advises one to be empty and full. Empty yourself of anger, resentment and fear. Fill your heart with calm, sunshine and joy.
8. Act in the spirit of love. Think loving thoughts, speak loving words, infuse every thing you do with love. Love is powerful energy. Love heals.
9. Do what makes you happy. My daughter competes in triathlons, another enjoys motherhood. What do you love to do? Participate in what makes you happy as often as possible.
10. Find what is true, good and beautiful. What do you want, like and need in this moment? Live the life you want and live it wholeheartedly.
11. Listen to your intuition. When you are perplexed, sit still, journal and ask for guidance. As you connect to your inner self you will find access to the wisdom of the Universe. Never second guess yourself.
12. Live a rich life. Include ceremonies, celebrations and rituals in your daily life. This allows you to turn ordinary events into mindful acts of wonder and awe.
13. Have fun. Spend time everyday laughing and making someone else laugh. Your life is the sum of your choices. Look for ways to create light-hearted experiences for yourself and others.
How will you glow today?