~On wall Facebook headquarters
3. When you can't choose between two evenly balanced courses of action to take, choose the bolder. ~ W.J. Slim
4. Let us be bold. Let us be brave. Let us be together. ~ Brad Henry
5. Originality implies being bold enough to go beyond accepted norms. ~ Anthony Storr
7. Live daringly, boldly, fearlessly. Taste the relish to be found in competition – in having put forth the best within you. ~James Kaiser
Boldness be my friend.
~ William Shakespeare
11. Why, I'd like nothing better than to achieve some bold adventure, worthy of our trip. ~ Aristophanes
12. The fact is that you know you could be living a bigger, better, bolder life than you are now. ~ Corbet Barr
13. Over the next four years, we will be bold. We will be willing to experiment. We will not fear failure. ~ Matt Blunt
14. We're getting really bold now. We'll just go right up to someone and ask them. ~ Christine Richerds
15. Without faith nothing is possible with it, nothing is impossible. ~ Mary McLeod Bethune
16. How bold one gets when one is sure of being loved. ~ Sigmund Freud
18. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. The fearful are caught as often as the bold. ~Helen Keller
19. Boldness be my friend. ~ William Shakespeare
20. Aggressive play is a vital asset of the world’s greatest golfers. However, it’s even more important to the average player. Attack this game in a bold, confident, and determined way, and you’ll make a giant leap toward realizing your full potential as a player. ~ Greg Norman
22. Boldness is business is the first, second, and third thing. ~ H. G. Bohn
25. Laugh at yourself, but don't ever aim your doubt at yourself. Be bold. When you embark for strange places, don't leave any of yourself safely on shore. Have the nerve to go into unexplored territory. ~ Alan Alda
~ Emily Dickinson
What would you do if you weren’t afraid?
~On wall at Facebook headquarters
38. Be bold. If you’re going to make an error, make a doozy, and don’t be afraid to hit the ball. ~ Billy Jean King
39. No discovery was ever made without a bold guess. ~ Issac Newton
40. At commencement you wear you square-shape mortarboards. My hope is that from time t time you will let your minds be bold, and where sombreros. ~ Paul Freund
41. Our solutions must be beyond anything we have ever considered, we should not be afraid to try bold new approaches. ~ Mary Landrieu
43. Courage is the greatest of all the virtues, because if you haven't courage, you may not have an opportunity to use any of the others. ~ Samuel Johnson
44. Fortune befriends the bold. ~ John Dryden
45. It's better to be boldly decisive and risk being wrong wrong than to agonize at length and be right too late. ~ Marily Moats Kennedy
46. Stand upright, speak thy thoughts, declare the truth thou hast, that all may share; Be bold, proclaim it everywhere: They only live who dare. ~ Voltaire
47. Distance is not for the fearful, it is for the bold. It's for those who are willing to spend a lot of time alone in exchange for a little time with the one they love. It's for those knowing a good thing when they see it, even if they don't see it nearly enough. ~ Unknown
48. All our problems become smaller if you don’t dodge them, but confront them. Touch a thistle timidly, and it pricks you; grasp it boldly, it’s spines crumble. ~ W. J. Slim
Be bold, be bold,
and everywhere be bold.
~ Herbert Spencer
50. The first symptom of love in a young man is shyness; the first symptom in a woman, it's boldness. ~ Victor Hugo
51. Live daringly, boldly, fearlessly. Taste the relish to be found in competition – in having put forth the best within you. ~ Henry J. Kaiser
52. A whole stream of events issues from the decision raising in one's favor all manner of unforeseen events, meetings and material assistance which no one could have dreamed would have come their way.
I have learned a deep respect for one of Goethe's couplets: “Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now! ~ Goethe
~ Oprah Winfrey
54. Those who take bold chances don’t think failure is the opposite of success. They believe complacency is.
55. All the problems become smaller if you don't dodge them, but confront them. Touch a thistle timidly, and it pricks you; grasp it boldly, its spines crumble. ~ William S. Halsey
56. If you choose something that's really bold, it can really stand on its own. ~ Aimee Sands
57. Some consider setbacks a badge of honor, unmistakable proof they’re bold risk takers. Far from hiding their blunders, they brag about them. ~ Unknown
Rock bottom became a
solid foundation on
which I rebuilt my life.
~J. K. Rowlings, Harvard Commencement Speech
58. All courses of action are risky, so prudence is not in avoiding danger (it's possible), but calculating risk and acting decisively. Make mistakes of ambition and not mistakes of sloth. Develop the strength to do bold things, not the strength to suffer. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli
59. The country needs and, unless I mistake its temper the country demands bold, persistent experimentation. It is common sense to take a method and try it: If it fails, admit it frankly and try another. But above all, try something.
The millions who are in want will not stand by silently forever while the things to satisfy their need are within easy reach. We need enthusiasm, imagination and the ability to face facts, even unpleasant ones, bravely.
We need to correct, by drastic means if necessary, the faults in our economic system from which we now suffer. We need the courage of the young. Yours is not the task of making your way in the world, but the task of remaking the world which you will find before you.
May every one of us be granted the courage, the faith and the vision to give the best that is in us to that remaking! ~ Franklin D. Roosevelt
60. Put a little boldess in everything you do. ~Baltasar Gracian
I would appreciate it if you would share this on Twitter, Facebook, or Google +!