2. The first and great commandment is: Don’t let them scare you. ~ Elmer Davis
3. I have accepted fear as a part of life – specifically the fear of change … I have gone ahead despite the pounding in the heart that says: turn back. ~ Erica Jong
4. Do not let your fears choose your destiny. ~ Unknown
5. Fear is never a reason for quitting; it is only an excuse ~ Norman Vincent Peale
6. Ultimately we know deeply that the other side of every fear is freedom. ~ Mary Ferguson
7. Where fear is, happiness is not. ~ Seneca
8. Fear is a habit, so is self-pity, defeat, anxiety, despair, hopelessness and resignation. You can eliminate all of these negative habits with two simple resolves,” I can! and I will!” ~ Unknown
9. Do what you fear most and you control fear. ~ Tom Hopkins
10. Procrastination is the fear of success. People procrastinate because they are afraid of the success that they know will result if they move ahead now. Because success is heavy, carries a responsibility with it, it is much easier to procrastinate and live on the ‘someday I’ll’ philosophy. ~ Denis Waitley
11. Fear is faith that it won’t work out. ~ Proverbs
12. There are four ways you can handle fear. You can go over it, under it, or around it. But if you are ever to put fear behind you, you must walk straight through it. Once you put fear behind you. Leave it there. ~ Donna Favors
13. Fear can keep us up all night long, but faith makes one fine pillow. ~ Philip Gulley
14. Confront your fears, list them, get to know them, and only then will you be able to put them aside and move ahead. ~ Jerry Gille
15. Fear isn’t an excuse to come to a standstill. It’s the impetus to step up and strike. ~Arthur Ashe
16. Inaction breeds doubt and fear. Action breeds confidence and courage. If you want to conquer fear, do not sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy. ~ Dale Carnegie
17. To be a star, you must shine your own light, follow your path, and don’t worry about the darkness, for that is when the stars shine brightest. ~ Unknown
18. Always do what you are afraid to do. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
19. You can conquer almost any fear if you will only make up your mind to do so. For remember, fear doesn’t exist anywhere except in the mind. ~ Dale Carnegie
20. Thinking will not overcome fear but action will. ~ W. Clement Stone
21. Do the thing you fear to do and keep on doing it…that is the quickest and surest way ever yet discovered to conquer fear. ~ Dale Carnegie
22. The key to change….is to let go of fear. ~ Rosanne Cash
23. Somebody should tell us…right at the start of our lives…that we are dying. Then we might live to the limit, every minute of every day. Do it! I say. Whatever you want to do, do it now! There are only so many tomorrows. ~ Michael Landon
24. Fear is a darkroom where negatives develop. ~ Usman B. Asif
25. Feed your faith and your fears will starve to death. ~ Max Lucado
26. A cheerful frame of mind, reinforced by relaxation… is the medicine that puts all ghosts of fear on the run. ~ George Matthew Adams
27. To fear is one thing. To let fear grab you by the tail and swing you around is another.
~ Katherine Paterson
28. He has not learned the lesson of life who does not every day surmount a fear.
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
29. Many of our fears are tissue-paper-thin, and a single courageous step would carry us clear through them. ~ Brendan Francis
30. Panic at the thought of doing a thing is a challenge to do it. ~Henry S. Haskins
31. Obstacles are like wild animals. They are cowards but they will bluff you if they can. If they see you are afraid of them…they are liable to spring upon you; but if you look them squarely in the eye, they will slink out of sight. ~ Orison Swett Marden
32. I’ve got more energy now than when I was younger because I know exactly what I want to do. ~George Balanchine
33. You block your dream when you allow your fear to grow bigger than your faith. ~ Mary Manin Morrissey
34. What would life be if we had no courage to attempt anything? ~ Vincent Van Gogh
35. Taking a new step, uttering a new word, is what people fear most. ~ Dostoyevsky
36. I am kind of paranoid in reverse. I suspect people of plotting to make me happy. ~ J.D. Salinger
37. I was never afraid of failure, for I would sooner fail than not be among the best. ~ John Keats
38. Go back a little to leap further. ~ John Clarke
39. I was never afraid of failure, for I would sooner fail than not be among the best. ~ John Keats
40. I failed my way to success.~ Thomas Edison
41. To use fear as the friend it is, we must retrain and reprogram ourselves. We must persistently and convincingly tell ourselves that the fear is here–with its gift of energy and heightened awareness–so we can do our best and learn the most in the new situation. ~ Peter Williams
42. “Fearless” is living in spite of those things that scare you to death. ~ Taylor Swift
43. I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. ~ Frank Herbert
44. Start a huge, foolish project like Noah. It makes absolutely no difference what people think of you. ~ Rumi
45. To live in the world of creation—to get into it and stay in it–to frequent it and haunt it…to think intently and fruitfully, to woo combinations and inspirations into being by a depth and continuity of attention and meditation–this is the only thing. ~ Henry James
46. Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear. ~ Ambrose Redmoon
47. We are all of us failures–at least, the best of us are. ~ James Barrie
48. Where ever fear shadows…. that always means there is a light shining somewhere. ~ Jonathan Santos
49. That feeling isn’t fear, it’s just telling you to MOVE! ~ Rancid
53. Inaction breeds doubt and fear. Action breeds confidence and courage. If you want to conquer fear, do not sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy. ~ Dale Carnegie
If you need to make a change and fear is holding your back, ask yourself these 3 questions:
What is the best outcome that can happen?
What is the worst outcome that can possibly happen?
What is the result of remaining the same?
Check out more quotes on fear and courage!