We often try and find happiness in all the wrong places. I reviewed "The Book of Awesome" a couple of weeks ago. Today's post comes after standing in the grocery store line and seeing Oprah's magazine with an article called, "An Extra Shot of Happiness." Why stop at one? I think my list today was inspired by Neil and Oprah.
1. Waking up with gratitude
2. My early morning run
3. A surprise text from my granddaughter or grandson
4. Blog comment: "I needed this today. Thank you"
___________________________________________________________04.08.10 at 5:16 am 
OH MY GOD, Tess… The timing of this, the quotes, everything — it’s just perfect! I don’t think Twitter is big enough to handle what I want to do with this post. I might have to climb on top of a tall building so I can do some roof top shouting shouting!
5.Listening to an old CD, "City of Angels"
6. Sprawled out on the couch resting my head on hub's lap
7. A compliment from a stranger
8. Making faces at a baby in the check out line. Baby grins.
9. Cupcakes with sprinkles
10. A friend who loves me
11.Tweets from blogging buddies
12. A video of my grandson walking
13. Grandson learning to say my name
14. A sunset that leaves the sky pink and purple
15. My 11 year old car that keeps running
16. Listening to my favorite love song
17. Books, videos, CDs and DVDs from the library
18. Finding something I lost
19. Running into an old friend
20. The sound of hub's car pulling into the driveway
21. Watching children play
22. Doing anything spontaneously
23. Hugs and kisses from those I love
24. My cousins coffee shop
25. Hearing my nearly 90 year old mom's voice
26. Children's laughter
27. Seeing any blue flowers
28. A new box of colored markers
29. Finding the perfect video on Friday night
30. Sun rays shining in my window
31. Crossing things off my to-do-list
32. Finding a gift in my mail box
33. Hub's silly jokes
34. A touch on my arm or pat on my back
35. The joy of purchasing cookies from Girl Scouts and popcorn from Boy Scouts and then giving them to a food pantry
36. Picking and growing your own flowers
37. Knowing we're all making a difference
38. The smell of rain hitting hot pavement
39. Animal sounds after dark
40. Visits to the ocean and tip-toeing on hot sand
41. Leaving big tips
42. Allowing someone to cut in front of me and he/she acting like I gave them a winning lotto ticket
43. Saving change and making a donation
44. Squeaky clean kids after bath time
45. Sleeping in my own bed after a trip
46. The perfect photograph
47. Flippy flops
48. Lavender scented candles
49. Reflection on the best moment of the day
50. Ending the day in gratitude
Bonus: 51. Karl at Work Happy Now having a huge contest with a generous prize. You have to see it to believe it! Check it out.
How about you? What are your extra shots of happiness and joy? Please share!