Happy Monday! My wish is to make yours Magical…
Today is Monday
A new day in a new week
A fresh beginning
A new start
Today is Monday
Remind yourself you have a great life
Because your life is what you decide it is
Fill your Monday with
Wise words and
Fill your Monday with
And Bold actions
You have the freedom
You have the power to
Choose Monday happiness
Choose Monday Magic
Leave a great comment
And leave a winner!
Todays sponser, is Laura Young, a coach and contributing author, in a book for women, “Become Your Own Great & Powerful.” Her inspiring story is titled,
Is that a great title or what! And guys you can comment as well and surprise the woman in your life with this power packed book.
Become Your Own Great and Powerful, includes a wealth of information and useful tools to help you take that first step toward leading versus simply living your life.
Laura Young completed her doctoral work in Counseling Psychology through the University of Notre Dame and didher residency at Rush-Presbyterian-St. Luke’s Hospital in Chicago.
Her coach training was completed through Coach U. She has studied martial arts, yoga and meditation and is an avid student of human potential.
As a coach, Laura is passionate about offering insightful support to clients who want to:
- Re-establish a sense of meaning after a period of confusion
- Re-orient their life after a dramatic change of circumstances
- Re-build after the context of life has changed
Treat yourself to a multitude of Laura’s ”from the heart” articles on her blog www.LauraYoung.typepad.com. She shares her life experiences at a soul level and freely gives of her wisdom.
1. Being an early riser. I grew up working on our family farm where “sleeping in” didn’t exist. We were either in the barn, fields or at the Farmer’s Market by 6:00 am. This habit never changed.
2) Prayer. I’ve learned to pray throughout the day. I pray for family, friends, myself, the homeless, our world leaders, my enemies etc. There is a prayer chapel called Silent Unity. The ministers on duty there pray 24/7 for 30 days for one’s request. (I call every 30 days.)
3) Reading. I’ve been a voracious reader since 9th grade. I am who I am because I love to read.
4) I keep my ego in check. I know immediately when I’m wrong or have done something wrong. I do my best to correct this as soon as possible. I would rather be happy than right. I’ve given up needing “the last word.” I either come from love or fear. Anything fear based is my ego or lower self.
5) I apologize. My intention is to never hurt anyone. When I have hurt someone I say, “I’m sorry.” Apologizing is not losing it’s winning.
6) I’m generous. I will share my money, time and knowledge. I volunteer. I leave generous tips. I help others get where they want to be. I’ve learned there is enough for everyone. I can’t out give God.
7) I’ve learned to walk away from unhealthy relationships. Even when it hurts more to go than to stay. I teach people how to treat me. If they don’t treat me well I know it’s best to move on. I can choose to love someone from a distance.
I don’t take things personally. I have to remind myself of this from time to time. I don’t have to worry about what anyone thinks of me except my “Higher Power.”
9) I use affirmation cards to “change my thoughts”when I’m obssessing, catastrophizing, or fearing something. The more time I allow my thoughts to be happy and positive the more I stay in the flow or zone.
10) I mind my own business. This is the habit I fall back on the most. It’s easy for me to get in my adult children’s business under the guise of “I know better. ” Yeah, right! I catch myself and go back to no. 4!
Byron Katie, author of “The Work” reminds us there are 3 kinds of business.
My business, other people’s business and God’s business.
I am not perfect and never will be. I will continue to make mistakes until I die. I only need to learn from them and move on.
Leave the best comment and receive a copy of “Become Your Own Great and Powerful.”