How to Create a Bold Love to Heal the World

Heart Graff

Love…

You want it, you yearn for it,
you desire it. You refuse it,
you reject it, you deny it.
You hold back from love out of fear.

You look for love in the meaningless.
You starve yourself of love,
and demand it from others.
You come up empty,
again and again.

You fear the power of love,
the change it can bring
to you, and to your world.
Love is a decision you make.

Choose to see yourself as love,
and look upon others, with eyes of love.
Infuse your thoughts, choices, decisions,
and actions, with love.

As you become love, change is unnecessary.
Everything unlike love falls away.
Be the love that you are and
everything unlike love disappears.

There is unlimited love available to
everyone, in every moment.
Remember, restore and extend love.
Miracles come from love.
Become the lover, the universe needs.

Tess xox

• Patti Foy | Lightspirited Being August 26, 2011, 3:51 pm

This poem was like a rosebud, I swear I could almost see or feel it as I read.
    It starts out feeling all closed up, begins to ever so tentatively unfurl, and ends up fully bloomed in all its glory.
    Thank you for sharing it, and you, with us!

• Tess August 26, 2011, 4:06 pm

Patti,
    Thanks for sharing your beautiful thoughts with me as well. Have a wonderful weekend. I’ll see you in the forum!

• Christopher Foster August 26, 2011, 5:55 pm

Brave words, brave spirit, Tess. I so love connecting with your spirit of love. “Be the lover the universe needs.” You portray the reality of love, our true nature, so well. I want you to know someone has really enjoyed breathing in your love here and breathing love back to you now. Blessings and stay strong.

• Suzie Cheel August 26, 2011, 6:16 pm

THis is beautiful and i relate so closely to the words you have written. learning to love oneself is so important- then the fear leaves. The we can be the change. Big issue for me as I discovered that my recent kidney issue is all about self-love. Take care of me first and look inside for the answers
    love
    Suzie

• Tess August 28, 2011, 4:27 am

Suzie,
      I think that’s the biggest lesson we have…to love ourselves. Then the fear leaves, now if we really believed that would anyone have low self esteem or any fear at all? Crazy, eh?

• Joy August 26, 2011, 6:16 pm

I love this reflection and find it to be very true within my life: “Be the love that you are and everything unlike love disappears”…
    Thank you for magnifying love today:)

• Tess August 28, 2011, 4:27 am

Hi Joy,
      My pleasure, thanks for being a part of it. xo

• Angela Artemis/Poweredbyintuition August 26, 2011, 6:37 pm

Simply beautiful. We we open up our hearts – magic happens in us and in the world.

• Tess August 28, 2011, 4:28 am

Angela,
      My heart is open!

• Cathy Treatment Talk August 26, 2011, 9:19 pm

Beautiful poem and beautiful message.

• Tess August 28, 2011, 4:28 am

Thanks Cathy!

• Sue August 27, 2011, 11:20 am

What a beautiful and thought provoking poem. I don’t know if the last paragraph from Jack Layton’s letter to Canadians (written a couple of days before he passed away from cancer, last Monday, at the age of 61) found its way into the U.S. social media sphere, but it went viral here. It speaks much the same message as your poem, and as we don’t hear a philosophy like this very often from politicians, I thought I’d share it with you and your readers. Here is what he had to say about lovingly changing the world:

“My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world.” Honorable Jack Layton, Leader of Official Opposition Party, New Democrats Party (NDP)

Tess, I’m not sure if your blog will accept links to other sites, but if they’re interested in reading more, I’m happy to send you a link that you can post, otherwise, just type in Jack Layton into your browser, and you’ll find plenty about his life and why he was so well liked and respected across the board.

Thank you, Tess, for gently encouraging your readers to be agents of love and positive change in the world.

• Tess August 28, 2011, 4:30 am

Sue,
      This is lovely. What a wise man. Thanks for sharing with us and I’d love for you to leave a link. I will look the rest of it up. Spread the love,

• Joe @ Shake off the Grind August 27, 2011, 2:48 pm

This is very beautiful! Love truly is powerful. Maybe so powerful that we are afraid to really embrace it and stop clinging to controlling our life. We have to let go of some of our control to really let love in and connect with it from a spiritual domain. This is tough for me but I’m learning that love is such a powerful yet vulnerable state we must be willing to let it in completely.

• Tess August 28, 2011, 4:31 am

Joe
    I’m al for it Joe, stop controlling and let love in. Thanks for stopping by.

• Jt Clough | Big Island Dog August 28, 2011, 9:10 am

Just started following your blog and once again, such wonderful thoughts to start the day.

Recently moving to Hawaii from San Diego it’s interesting to watch the values of a community. Last night there was a concert to support the whole food concept for keikis (children). People came from all over and at one point joined hands while listening a song by a local artist on loving your home and loving your family, and making those around your family. It was so touching and the sense that I am “home” was overwhelming.

Thank you for your thought provoking post. I believe we all need to fill our heads with these things more and leave the negative news behind.

• Megan Bord August 29, 2011, 4:21 am

Love is the answer to all of life’s questions.
    Thanks, Tess ~ love you!

• Fiona August 29, 2011, 5:06 am

Beautiful and true~

• Emily August 31, 2011, 3:37 am

Awesome! Thanks for the inspiration. 🙂

• sheila September 1, 2011, 8:41 am

Oh that is wonderful! Love the part about holding back on love because of fear. Tragic, but so often true.

• Betsy at Zen Mama September 1, 2011, 3:31 pm

Beautiful Tess! I love how your poem turns so positive at the end. Thanks for sharing.

• Jt Clough | Big Island Dog September 2, 2011, 2:03 pm

Happen to read this just when I needed it today.
    Sometimes I want to go back to blurting things out, like I can change anything that way.
    Act it. That is what becomes.
    Mahalo (thanks in Hawaiian) again.

• Jimmy/Life Architect September 9, 2011, 1:14 am

I am new here, but love your love expressions. I have been reading and learning a lot about love lately. Given the person I am it is actually quite amazing that I would dwell into this subject. But I guess I have soften up lately. But love is the most powerful force in the world. With love, all things will be possible and the world would be a better place. Not sure if everyone here is familiar with Leo Buscaglia. Great man who spoke about love in another manner. Thought I leave his energetic and dynamic talks here as another way to express love to all. Enjoy!

Cheers