I found this video on Jill's blog and fell in love with it! Jill is mom to 6 beautiful kids and wife to my her best friend, Alan. Jill lives a truthful & free-spirited life.
Please add your beauty in today's comments.
I couldn't possibly list all of the beauty I find in the world. This is the beginning in no particular order.
1. The aides who work with my aging mother for minimum wage. They tell me they love her. She’s their favorite patient.
2. Volunteers and other selfless people. When I give freely of my time to those in need I always walk away thinking, “I don’t have problems only minor inconveniences.”
3. Bloggers who extend a helping hand to newbies.
4. Children. Where there is a child there is joy, laughter and innocence.
5. Strangers who pay it forward, adding kindness and love to our world. Hundreds of millions of people do small acts of kindness daily.
6. Happy couples. They are shining examples that happy relationships are possible.
7. Triathlons and Races. A small percent of the population push themselves to their limits. They are inspirational and motivation. You can’t watch an event and be unhappy.
8. Sights and sounds of the city. I love to see people walking, talking, out and about in a park, eating lunch or attending an outdoor concert.
9. Road construction. I love to see people working outdoors in hard hats, sweating and making transportation easier for everyone. I silently bless them and wave as I pass by.
10. Water. I find beauty in our lakes, oceans, drinking water, bathing water, and fields being irrigated.
11. Theater. I saw the Lion King three times. It brings up every emotion. The beauty of the characters, the costumes and the music…joy, joy, joy.
12. People who work with children. Coaches, Scout leaders, PTA members and more…people who are selfless believing in children and investing in our future.
13. Friends. They love me and want the best for me. They love me in spite of my flaws.
14. My support group. They challenge me, accept me and encourage me to grow. I find peace and unconditional love in their presence.
15. My teachers. Jacob Glass, Marianne Williamson, Michael Beckwith, Echart Tolle, Oprah, Karen Van Allen.
16. Freedom. I have the freedom to create my world exactly like I want it. The freedom of choice, speech, love, movement…the list is limitless.
17. My home. It’s my shelter, my peaceful place and it’s filled with love and simplicity.
18. Music. Music transports us to different places, different levels and stirs every emotion.
19. Nature. I love the silence, the peace, and the healing that takes place when I immerse myself in nature. One can’t be unhappy at the ocean, in the mountains, or in a field of wheat or flowers.
20. The Ellen Show. I find her exuding laughter and fun. She’s sincere and generous.
21. The internet and the beauty of connection it allows with people all over the world.
22. Oneness. The idea that I am you and you are me. It’s a beautiful thing when we can accept rather than judge.
23. Unsung heroes. My daughter, Kara recently applied CPR to a man in distress and saved his life.
24. The Farmer’s Market. I love the smells, the color, the sounds. It’s a happy place and I love purchasing the freshest food and flowers.
25. Inner Beauty. It's the beauty I have inside that allows me to see outside of myself. Do you realize how powerful and amazing this is?
26. Flowers. “Humans feel such fascination for and affinity with flowers’ ethereal qualities. They have provided inspiration to countless artists, poets, and mystics.” –Echart Tolle
27. Higher Education. I wouldn't be who I am or where I am today without it.
28. Miracles. “A Course in Miracles” states a miracle is a shift in perception and the holiest place on earth is where a grievance has been healed. There is so much power and potential in shifting your perception. The reward is inner peace.
29. Food. I find beauty in the variety, the taste, the color and the nutrition of good food.
30. Gratitude Journals. Today more than ever people are aware of the power of gratitude.
31. Meditation. Sitting in silence allows one to live in this world from the inside out.
32. Community. There are 7 billion people in the world, if I’m willing to reach out I can have the support I need.
33. Wisdom. I have ability to listen to my inner voice and make the best use of that knowledge.
34. Healers. There is beauty in the traditional and non-traditional healers who are sharing their gifts with the world.
35. The Airline Industry. To know we can fly anywhere at anytime is amazing. To move beyond the nuisance of security, long lines, and minor inconveniences and be on a journey to see the world is truly awesome.
36. Possibility. To know there is unlimited untapped human potential is mind blowing. I have the Divine in my DNA and so do you!
37. Coffee. I love it. There is beauty in friends gathering together at coffee shops.
38. Skype. The ability to connect with my grandson: play hide-and-seek, sing, read and laugh with him. He is a toddler, I live across the country.
39. My body. The miracle of my body;from the blink of an eye to running a half marathon is simply beautiful.
40. Art. I love all art forms. Walk into a museum or art gallery and tell me there is no beauty in the world. Impossible!
41. Photographs. I have photos of my family and friends all over my home.
44. Love. To live in a loving state is the both beautiful and healing.
45. Diversity. To know and appreciate differences adds beauty and peace.
46. Fun. Fun is available to everyone. Incorporate it in everyday.
47. An undefended heart. An open happy heart, it doesn’t get much better than that.
48. Forgiveness. People like Anne Frank and Nelson Mandela have showed us the beauty in forgiveness.
49. A Smile. Something so simple and so easy, it's beautiful. .
50. My family…my hubs, children, grandchildren and sons-in-law, they have given me endless opportunities to forgive, laugh, cry and just be elated with life and love.
I’ve only just begun to list the beauty I witness in our world.
What beauty do you see in the world? How can you add more beauty to your world?
Please join The Bold Life for free and receive my free ebook, How to Be Bold. Please share this post with a Tweet and a Like.
No related posts.