We don't need to make big and drastic changes to create a life of awesomeness. We don't need to do epic sh** in order to stand out, be noticed, or change the world. Everyday, we have countless opportunities to leave our mark and make a difference in small and ordinary ways.
The follow small steps will help you craft an awesome and unforgettable life.
- Develop a morning routine. How you spend your morning sets the tone for how you spend your day.
- Make time for people who matter. Call or visit an elderly relative, friend, or neighbor.
- Send a handwritten thank you note to three people this week. Express your feelings of gratitude and appreciation.
- Forgive yourself for any past regrets and mistakes. Give yourself a break. You deserve another chance.
- Sit with a close friend and pour your heart out. Share your fears, doubts, and pain. You don't have to go it alone.
- Forgive your parents or caregivers who have hurt you. Bitterness and resentment will steal your joy.
- Contact and connect with someone you haven't had time for. Let the people you care about know they matter.
- Ask someone for something you want. Keep asking until you get what you want.
- Read a book from cover to cover. Lose yourself in another world.
- Look someone in the eyes and say, "I love you." Repeat often.
- Compliment others often. Make somebody smile. Never hold back your positive words.
- Decide on a dream vacation. Make a three year plan and commit to making it happen
- Mentor a young adult. Everyone needs guidance and direction. Everyone needs to feel important.
- Pick up the tab the next time you are in a restaurant. Others will feel like the universe is a generous place.
- Explore new outdoor activities. Be brave and do something you haven't tried before.
- Do something spontaneous. Surprise yourself. It makes life interesting.
- Daydream. Imagine. Act on the impossible. What are you waiting for?
- Make someone feel special by sending flowers. Flowers have a positive influence at an unconscious level.
- Do the unexpected. Pay someone a surprise visit. Don't wait until it's too late.
- Visit the Farmer's Market. Try a new fruit or vegetable.
- Unclutter your home. Give away what you no longer need. Unclutter your mind. Spend time in silence.
- Change your mood. Find someone to serve. Volunteer your time.
- Replace a bad habit with a good one. Begin with one small consistent step.
- Tell a difficult person what steps you will take to improve the relationship.
- Donate money to a good cause. Don't tell anyone about it.
- Spend time alone in order to reevaluate your life. Do more of what you love to do.
- Make someone feel important. Give them your undivided attention. Listen.
- For one weekend, disconnect from all electronics and gadgets.
- Create something new that has nothing to do with your work.
- Express your feelings. Honestly. Appropriately.
- Spend today in love with yourself. Give yourself a break. Let yourself off the hook.
- Practice compassion when you sense others are in pain.
- Learn to stay calm. Don't react. Respond.
- Focus on what matters. Allow the rest to fall away.
- Be bold. Act on one thing that scares you. Why wait?
Please share your thoughts below.
Are you ready to commit to your dreams?
You can go beyond what you think is possible! The time is now to increase your confidence and blaze a new trail. If you are ready to do great things then book your free 20-minute consult with me and let’s talk about your personal plan for greatness! Click on my coaching page.