Shake the Dust by Anis Mojgani

Anis Mojgani is a two-time National Slam Poetry Champion, he stole the show in 2010. He reminds everyone the power of words and the value in stories. Check him out as he performs, "Shake the Dust." Watch the inspiring video below or click here to watch here.

Do you need to shake the dust today? Please share your thoughts in the comments below.

• Betsy at Zen Mama December 23, 2011, 12:31 am

What a wonderful message that we all live together. Stay on track and shake the dust! Thanks Tess! I’m so happy to be part of your positive community!

By the way, my teenage kids just love slam poetry. My youngest’s English teacher invited one into their class when they studied poetry. He loved it!! It’s a wonderful way to reach kids.

• Tess December 24, 2011, 8:55 am

Betsy,
      I’m shaking the dust prior to the new year! Happy Holidays. Good for your kids and slam poetry.

• Lori December 23, 2011, 10:53 am

I held my breath the entire video, not realizing I stopped breathing until it ended. When I started breathing again 😉 , I realized what a lovely world I’m in and how fortunate I am to know you.

Today, *you* shook my dust from my shadows and I’m a bit lighter in my steps. Enjoy your holiday, happy Winter Solstice, and keep smiling!

Love,
    ~Lori xo!

• Tess December 24, 2011, 8:55 am

Lori,
      How do I love thee….let me count the ways. You’re an awesome friend!

• Cathy | Treatment Talk December 23, 2011, 5:59 pm

Wonderful message as always. Shake the dust – something to remember.

Happy Holidays!

• Tess December 24, 2011, 8:56 am

Cathy,
    Thanks for supporting my blog. I wish you the best in the new year and let me know how I can help you in 2012.

• Joy December 26, 2011, 12:32 pm

I love slam poetry..evokes my emotions *and* my mind. A dear friend shared this video with me a few weeks ago–gentle, wise slam poetry from a gentle wise friend..and now here it is again..okay, Universe I’m listening..shake the dust!
    Thank you for the wonderful reminder!

• Marci | Liberating Choices December 28, 2011, 7:56 am

Amazing talent expression of words with inspiration filled message! Much to be shared here…

p.s. Tess, congrats on your book launch!

• Emily December 28, 2011, 12:11 pm

Inspiring! Issues abound…but the human spirit can overcome them all with the right perspective, and by being willing to “shake the dust.”