Obsessed With Being Bold

When you co
me to the edge of all light that you know and are about to drop off into the darkness of the unknown, faith is knowing one of two things will happen: There will be something solid to stand on or you will be taught to fly.~Patrick Overton

What would you do if you were 10 times bolder? I've asked this question to others in the past, on The Bold Life, on Facebook, and on Twitter.

I asked myself this question again a couple of weeks ago as well. My answer, "I will ask for what I want, when I want it." I won't procrastinate, fear rejection, obsess or over think it. I will simply ask, when I have the urge.

I decided to begin doing a series of interviews here on Wednesdays. I emailed five successful bloggers and asked if I could interview them. I received 3 positive responses immediately. Not bad, eh?

A couple of weeks ago days ago I discovered a link to "The World's Biggest Summit." It is the brain child of Goddess Leonie.The summit is free, you only have to sign up, listen, and be inspired by brilliant and amazing women.

There will be over 100 women presenting!

As I scanned the photos of the speakers I was thinking…I can do this. I'm this good. I want to do this!

Then I see one sentence that got me going…"Stay tuned to see what amazing new speaker we announce next!"

I decided it would be me! I would be one of the next speakers they announce.

I only had to ask first.

I immediately sent out the following email:

Subject: Worlds Biggest Summit

Hi,

I’m Tess Marshall from The Bold Life and I just signed up to attend the worlds biggest summit. You have a question in the copy that states, “Which will be the next amazing teach to be announced next?

I would like to suggest it’s me!

I don't know if there is an application to apply or how to proceed so I decided to be BOLD and ask. I've included a video of me speaking

Credentials:

I've recently had guest posts on
 Good Life Zen and Zen Habits. I have a book, Flying By the Seat of My Soul, and my free eBook which says it all in 17 pages, Peace, Love, and Connection. I also have a masters degree in Counseling Psychology and worked in private practice for over 12 years.

Let me know if you're interested in adding me to your awesome roster. Either way I'll be there with bells on and promote you to my large list of growing subscribers.

Grateful,

Tess Marshall

I received this email back:

Hola Tess! ~

Thank you so much for offering your light to be a part of the Summit!

We've been really blessed to have so many bright lights respond to this idea, and all of the teacher spots are currently filled. But we are putting your name on the teacher waitlist, in case anyone's schedule falls through and a spot opens up! If that happens, we will be in touch.

Thank you again SO much!
Love + Light,

Marissa

Then a few days later:

Hola gorgeous soul,

We have a couple more spaces available for teachers for the World's Biggest Summit.

If you are in, please give a mighty YES!
and I will say HURRAH! and dance around in a circle.
And then pop you up on the site ASAP.

So much love, miracles and magic to you,
Goddess Leonie

What would it be like to learn from 100+ of the world’s best teachers? For free? For a whole month?This October, you can. Join the World’s Biggest Summit – a FREE online event where you can learn from 100 of the World’s best teachers in creativity, spirituality, business & health.

Other teachers at the free summit include best-selling authors Julia Cameron, Jennifer Louden, SARK, Lynn V Andrews & the Astro Twins.

To grab your free ticket, head to Worlds Biggest Summit

I'm popped up on the "Worlds Biggest Summit." Here I am along side other brilliant presenters.

Jamie Ridler
Sara Avant Tess Marshall
Jamie Ridler

Creative Living Coach & Founder of Jamie Ridler Studios

Awaken Your Creative Spirit
  Sara Avant

Author The Way of the Happy Woman: Living the Best Year of Your Life

How to Get Your Sexy On, Stat!
Tess Marshall

Obsessed with

Being Bold

Go From

Fear to Flow

What would you do if you were 10 times bolder? Please share with us below!

• Lance September 26, 2011, 5:55 am

Tess!!
    This is completely AWESOME!!!

I’m reminded of a quote that I think fits this beautifully:
    “Whatever you do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius and power and magic in it.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Rock on, awesome friend!!

• Tess September 26, 2011, 9:46 am

Lance,
      Thanks! It support from friends like you that make my online work joyful. I appreciate the part you play in my life.

• pea September 26, 2011, 8:26 am

Weirdly enough, having perused your work some time ago I wrote a post about you a while back with those exact same words…’she’s that good’ – (not up yet) – I wonder if you were ever in any doubt?

• Tess September 26, 2011, 9:49 am

Yes, Pea I do have doubts;) I’m human you know. When I do I switch my focus, my thoughts, and my emotional state to certainty. I know one thing about myself…I’m willing to do what it takes. I appreciate your support!

• Lori September 26, 2011, 10:16 am

I love this post. I’m smiling with you. 🙂
    I agree with Pea and thought the same thing when I read, “I can do this. I’m this good…” I nodded my head and thought, Yes indeed!
    I enjoyed reading Goddess Leonie’s response, too. Sounds like a great opportunity and a summit filled with awesomeness.
    Have fun!
    ~xo

• Tess September 26, 2011, 10:21 am

Hey Lori,
    I love seeing your smiling face today;) Thanks so much for rooting for me and believing in me. I love you. xo

• Barrie/Live Bold and Bloom September 26, 2011, 7:19 pm

You GO Tess!! Nothing like being bold and asking for what you want. Can’t wait to see the magic you will stir up in the summit!

• Tess September 26, 2011, 8:01 pm

Barrie,
      Thanks so much. I appreciate the support! I’m having fun.

• Brenda September 26, 2011, 7:35 pm

Tess, you are a wonderful inspiration for all of us!!! I read your posting while I sat on the edge of my chair.. you took the risk…the universe met you where you are …bold and beautiful!!!! Can’t wait to share in the magic!!! namaste, friend!
    Brenda

• Tess September 26, 2011, 8:03 pm

Brenda,
    Wow it’s so fun to see you here. Thanks for your support. I’m taking it by strom and having a blast. It’s a lot of work so why not make it fun?!?

• Cathy | Treatment Talk September 26, 2011, 10:07 pm

Well done!! You are truly amazing and I love following you because I feel like a have a fearless warrior leading the way. I love the way you seize opportunity with no looking back. Good for you!!

• Tess September 27, 2011, 9:54 am

Cathy
      LOL fearless I don’t know about that, just determined to go through it and flow forward! Thanks for your ongoing support. I appreciate you and enjoy your inspiring stories.

• Madeleine Kolb | Age Myths September 27, 2011, 5:39 am

Tess, Way to go. That was a bold step on your part, and it really paid off. As to the question, “What would you do if you were ten times bolder?”, my answer is “I’d scare myself.”
    Well done!

• Tess September 27, 2011, 9:55 am

Madeleine,
      LOL you’re so funny. I’ll hold your hand so then you can calm down! Thanks for making me laugh.

• John Sherry September 27, 2011, 6:12 am

Way to go Tess – you are proving that it’s golden being bolden in life. Go knock ’em alive!!!

If I was ten times bolder I would have to say I would be doing what I am now launching my sports motivation, but I would also care less about the finances, where it will end up, and what the next year will be like. I woud simply have heaps of fun with it.

Ok, I WILL do that and let’s see what bold destiny awaits!!

• Tess September 27, 2011, 9:57 am

John
      Thanks for your words. I like that Knock Em Alive. I’ve read the knock em dead books! You’ll be fine. We’re all rooting for you and have your back.

• John Sherry September 27, 2011, 10:50 am

Thank you Tess it’s great to have the bold and the beautiful on your team. I’m a lucky guy!!

• Megan Bord September 27, 2011, 8:42 am

Tess, this is such great news! I have to tell you, though, when I think about some of the world’s most successful bloggers, I think of you. When I think about some of the greatest teachers in the world, I think of you. I can’t imagine you ever separating yourself from them, so THIS news, to me, is a no-brainer. Of COURSE you’re presenting and being welcomed with open arms!

The world has no idea what great surprises it’s in for this October. WOW! Watch out!!!

• Tess September 27, 2011, 9:58 am

Megan,
    How do I love you???? Let me count the ways. I’ll never forget what Jay S. said about you in a comment once. You’re a vortex of love. It doesn’t get any better than that! xo

• Patricia September 27, 2011, 12:08 pm

Hey Tess,
    This is awesome and they certainly got one of the best teachers on the planet…the stars aligned in just the right pattern…Hip Hip Hurrah…I am happy dancing right now…oh I better stop and sign up for the summit…
    Way to go girl!

• Tess September 27, 2011, 5:42 pm

Patricia,
      You’re very kind. Thanks for dancing with me!

• sheila September 27, 2011, 2:24 pm

Hmmmmmmmmm I’ve always been told I am pretty bolder, so if I were boldER I guess I would speak in public more. I’m not a fan of that too much. I’m talking about to large groups and things like that. I mean, I’ve done a commercial, and been on tv… but there’s something about a group of people staring at me. lol.

• Tess September 27, 2011, 5:43 pm

Sheila,
      Go for it! Pretend the people in the audience are your friends! Cuz they are!

• Ken Wert September 27, 2011, 3:11 pm

You’re an inspiration, Tess!

Bold is the new black! Just think about what would happen if we all followed your example and started asking boldly for what we wanted!

Go get ’em, Tess!

• Tess September 27, 2011, 5:43 pm

Bold is the new black. I love that. Great title for me Ken!

• Galen Pearl September 27, 2011, 4:57 pm

Ditto to what others said–this is indeed totally awesome. I am so impressed! Not at all by the fact that you were asked to participate, but by the fact that you were so bold to ask! You are my hero!

• Tess September 27, 2011, 5:43 pm

Galen,
    I wouldn’t go that far! You’re funny! Just model me;)

• Angela Artemis/Poweredbyintuition September 28, 2011, 7:07 am

I’m so happy for you. I’m also glad you’re obsessed with being “bold!”
    I can’t wait to hear your awesome segment on the World’s Largest Summit!
    You go girlfriend~!
    I’m obsessed with creating products~ LOL
    xoxo,
    Angela

• Klara September 28, 2011, 11:40 am

What would I do if i were ten times bolder? I have no idea. but i can make things about the money that i spare on the shampoo 🙂 it was only a joke, of course. honestly, i don’ really know. but cant wait to read your summit! best wishes

• Jen September 28, 2011, 11:52 am

You totally rock! And that’s all I have to say,…….. 🙂
    xo
    Jen

• Betsy at Zen Mama September 30, 2011, 11:17 am

Congratulations! I will sign up for your summit! Can’t wait to hear you in person!!

I did something bold today that I’ve been thinking about all summer. It took a minute, didn’t bother the person I asked at all. And then poof! I got what I wanted. Why did I stress about it all summer. People are certainly blow things up in their heads… Including me!

• Christopher Foster September 30, 2011, 1:51 pm

I’m so happy to share this news Tess. Warm congratulations. I’m most of all thankful for your brave, unfettered and yet sensitive spirit. You are a gift to me and my world and obviously to a lot of other people’s lives too. Keep going, okay?

• Christopher Foster September 30, 2011, 1:53 pm

Tess, forgive me. I don’t think I put in my website. This is a short PS. Lotsa love.